Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Holas!

Somehow it is already July and I have intended to blog many many times …but have obviously failed.

I took Spring classes at BYU, including organ, voice lessons, piano lessons, university chorale, mission preparation, and music fundamentals (which I tested out of the first day of class, thank goodness). I also managed to (finally) complete my independent study course, statistics 221. Some of you have heard me rant and rave about all of the hoops I had to jump through in order to finish that class, but now it is done and I don’t have to stress about it anymore. Anyway, I spent most of spring term in the HFAC tucked away in a practice room. All that practicing seems to have paid off because I got my first 4.0 since my sophomore year of high school. Wahoo!

Besides taking classes, I returned to my wonderful job at Cougar Creations. In addition to the fact that I absolutely love working there…making copies, laminating, book-binding, etc…getting a paycheck every two weeks is a VERY welcome change. Let’s just say that recovery from London is taking a little longer than expected. We’re getting there, though.

So that’s the “boring” side to what I’ve been up to during the past 2 months. Other things that I’m doing for fun…

RAGNARRRRRRR.
I
CANNOT
WAIT.
22 days.
I’ve been training pretty well and hard for this race. There’s not much else to say about it other than I love the feeling of being able to run and run forever. Other races that I’m planning on doing in the near future are the Freedom Run 10k (July 5th), Top of Utah Marathon (September 18th. Yes CJ, I think I’m ready to register.), and the Provo Halloween Half-Marathon (October 30th).
More about Ragnar. Our team name is Gooey Nanners, and I’m running leg numero tres (that’s “three” in Spanish, mom). I made shirts for our team, and finally got them all made today at work. WAHOO.
Ok….so yeah I’ve been running. It’s fun.

I have new roommates, obviously. Brittany, Matz, and Sohea. They’re great, and we’ve done fun things. Some such things include:
Going rappelling in the canyon
CIMG6225

CIMG6237
Going to Sammy's for the first time for pie shakes and concerts
DSC05949
Throwing and attending awesome dance parties
Bonfires
DSC06008
Painting our living room
DSC05986
Making air pop
Going to IHOP for 2-for-1
Going to movies
Watching So You Think You Can Dance
Doing Pilates workout videos in our living room
etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.

I've also been spending some time with my good ol' friends Anna and Amber, my Oregon buddies. Last weekend I hiked the Y with Anna for her first time ever. I think it was quite the successful hike for the both of us. Amber and I have been spending a lot of time relaxing by the pool.

DSC06014

I've played with my favoritest sister Abby a few times as well. She's moving to Texas with Paul the man on Saturday (boo hiss) so I probably won't see her until Christmastime. I've had fun hanging with them for BBQ's in the canyon or at their house, shopping with Abby, and just talking about everything.

Somehow I managed to go off to San Fransisco with Cam and Calvin, my friends from London, to visit the magnificently talented Laura, my roommate from London. She was performing in a benefit concert for diabetes so that was the main purpose of our trip. I had never been to the city before, and it was pretty awesome. The long drive made for some interesting conversation, too. Top notch weekend for sure.

DSC06045

My mom came down to Utah for a few days just recently, and so spending time with her was pretty great, too. I'll get to see her again in just a few weeks when I go home to Oregon (right before she leaves for Girl's Camp, tee hee hee hee hee).

Aaaannnnnd that's about it. Now I'm not in classes anymore, but my work hours have doubled, so that keeps me kind of busy. And most of the things that I listed that I'm doing I'm still doing. So yeah, spring was good, summer is looking pretty good, too.

No comments: