Monday, December 28, 2009

A favorite place.

About a week ago I went out to a park that has become one of my favorite places. It was a pretty foggy day, and it was really nice to just walk around and look and listen. I spent about ten minutes just staring at a blue heron perched out on the water. There's also a tree that I've taken pictures of before, so now it's like a tradition that I have with myself to go back and photograph it. Getting to it was a little difficult since the water level was pretty high. After an entanglement with a thorny vine and climbing over a few boulders, I came away from the experience with quite the scratch (more like a gash) on my lower calf. It was a good day.
Just to show how beautiful this place is, these pictures are unedited. I mean seriously, look at that moss. Stuff like that just doesn't happen in Utah.
Oh, and one more thing. I'm leaving for London in a little over a week, and leaving my Nikon at home. But I'm sure the next 4 months will be full of pictures of my adventures in Europe. Should be fun.
A familiar scene
My tree
DSC_0104
Bridge
Blue Heron

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like the first one with the framing of the trees and their reflections. You can never go wrong with Mr. Rogers